Do we need a set of policies and procedures?
Every business – no matter the size or in which industry it operates in, should have well-documented and comprehensive workplace policies and procedures. A workplace policy is a set of rules and principles that aims to guide employees in how to behave in the workplace. You can have them in place for numerous different issues – recruitment and selection, remuneration and benefits, leave, travelling, study support, use of business tools and equipment, performance, harassment, internet use, health and safety and social media are just a few.
Having well-developed policies and procedures can provide the following benefits to your workplace:
- They help employees know what is expected of them with respect to standards of behaviour and performance.
- They set out rules and guidelines for decision-making in routine situations to minimise repetitive and timewasting questioning.
- They help you to adopt a consistent and clear response across the company to continually refer to situations involving employee interaction.
- They allow you to demonstrate good faith that employees will be treated fairly and equally.
- They allow you to have an accepted method of dealing with complaints and misunderstandings to avoid favouritism.
- They set a framework for delegation of decision-making and to empower employees to exercise autonomy in their duties.
- They provide a means of communicating information to new employees.
- They offer you protection from breaches of employment legislation, such as equal opportunity laws.
But remember: Having workplace policies and procedures is only valuable if you make sure they are properly developed, deals with your environment, employees are trained, and are properly implemented and monitored.
Our services include:
• Outsourcing of your complete HR function
• Policies and Procedures
• Recruitment and on-boarding
– On-boarding administration
– On-boarding training and motivation
– Employment contracts
– Assessment Centres
– Psychometric Assessment Solutions
• Organisational design
– Organisational structure
– Job analysis
– Job grading
– Job descriptions
– Salary benchmarking
• Human resource management and outsourcing
– Time and attendance
– Operating procedures
– BBBEE / Equity
– Labour relations
– Operational health and safety
• Training and development
– Skills audits
– Workplace skills plans and SETA submissions
– Training and development
– Internship programmes
• Performance management
• Reward & Recognition
• Organisational restructuring
Contact us to assist you with the development, review and/or implementation of policies and procedures that fit your unique business needs.
Toinette Werth firstname.lastname@example.org
Danielle Kritzinger email@example.com
Attie Butler firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.hrmconnect.co.za for more information.
HRMconnect – Member of BVSA