Senior Manager and Region Coordinator- Northern Cape
BVSA Northern Cape has well established branches in Upington, Kuruman and Kathu and is looking for a CA(SA) to manage and coordinate the branches in the region.
BVSA is a well-established within the accounting industry and operates within a large variety of industries, ranging from financial management and accounting, tax administration and planning, business and transactional consulting, secretarial services, wills, estate planning and administration.
What impact will you make?
Your work will make an impact that matters, while you will establish and thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. If you are an ambitious, hard-working go-getter to join and lead the accounting business, are highly driven by achievement, enjoy a challenging portfolio, and see yourself as resilient – this is the job for you.
This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate with the ambition for directorship in the long term.
Qualifications & experience required
- Minimum Qualifications – Registered CA
- Minimum 6 years working experience and 4 years management / supervision experience
- Desired – 3 years in a client facing role
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes business results and drives high staff performance
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and be a role-model
- Strategic direction – Understands the key objectives of BVSA, , lives the vision and aligns staff to objectives
Technical and Professional Capabilities
- Stakeholder Focus: Leverages a deep understanding of job functions and deliver high quality advice and service to staff and clients
- Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work:Collaborates effectively across services / functions to deliver a seamless service that is responsive to stakeholder needs
- Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology: Provides appropriate guidance to the staff in relation to the application of tools and software. Be meticulous in the detailed review of files. Experience in Sage, Pastel and/or Zero will be beneficial
- Manage project plans to optimize engagements: Proactively manages the client and business project plans through efficient use of resources and tracking delivery of projects and business results.
- Formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs: Uses judgement and consults appropriately when dealing with complex matters, applying an appropriate level of professional scepticism
- Apply Ethical and Professional Standards: Understands their business security, ethical and compliance responsibilities, displaying best practice and actively encouraging appropriate behaviours of staff
- Examination, analysis and interpreting accounting records to prepare financial statements (IFRS and IFRS for SME’s)
- Reviewing and signing-off of independent reviews, files and monthly accounting/tax files
- Ensuring quality and risk management in the review process
- Overall management of three branches
- Responsibility for training of the trainees and managing related external training
- Being the first point of contact for managers
- Leading the accounting teams
- Dealing directly with clients
- Business development and cross-selling
- Identification and approaching potential clients
- Responsibility for staff evaluation, feedback and disciplinary process
- Managing the budget and planning of the practise
- Working with other senior manager and other peers for strategy development, execution, planning and process improvement
- Issuing and reviewing of all related billings done
- Responsibility and coordinating any other accounting, drafting, reconciling and reviewing work as required
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Achieving the minimum billings hours as per the firm standards
- Management of client portfolio
Please contact Toinette Werth at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information